I would’ve loved to come in today with a big update on my ORC room, but that’s not the case.
I signed up to the challenge last minute and posted my bathroom plans on Monday. See them here.
I want to get on the schedule of doing updates every Thursday, so today will be my week 2 update.
Week 2 Master Bathroom Update
Not much has changed since the last update. The Covid-19 shelter in place orders have made this challenge even a bit more challenging for almost everyone. Myself included.
Since I have three kids at home (and a fourth three days per week) I have been tiling my bathroom in 1-2 hour time chunks.
A little here. A little there. Until she’s all done. 😉
Luckily, I am almost all done with the tiling!!! This is the first tiling job I’ve ever done all by myself and so far, so good.
All I have left to do is cut about 10-15 small edge pieces, lay them, let them set and then I can grout.
Tiling should be marked off my to-do list by Saturday.
My Current Bathroom Remodel Schedule
I have planned my remodel schedule based on when the items I’ve ordered will be coming in.
Here’s what I hope to accomplish for each update.
- Week 3 – Tiling and Painting Done
- Week 4 – DIY Concrete over Laminate Counters
- Week 5 – Vanity Update (Will be Painting)
- Week 6 – Installing molding on the trim, faucet, odds and ends
- Week 7 – Hopefully it will be done, if not this will be the week for any finishing touches
Here’s what I’ve ordered so far:
- Shower Curtain, Rod and Hooks
- Paint (I ended up going with a different trim color. I’m using Valspar’s Everglade Deck which is a dark blue-green.)
- Quarter Round Trim
- Concrete for Counter Tops
I’m holding off on a faucet and sink because first I’m going to try and coat my current sink with Ardex feather concrete. Whether or not that turns out will determine what else I need to purchase.
You can check out all the other guest participants progress here.