Are you tired of starting the week off on a chaotic note? A disorganized Monday can set the tone for the rest of the week. That’s why it’s important to spend a few hours on Sunday resetting your home and finances.
In this article, we will provide you with nine things you can do on Sunday to ensure a smooth and organized week. From doing laundry to making a simple meal plan, a couple of hours spent on these tasks will leave you ready to tackle whatever the week throws your way.
- Prepare for the week ahead by doing laundry and deep cleaning the main areas.
- Involve your kids in the process by having them clean their rooms and helping with grocery shopping.
- Take time for yourself and prioritize rest by going to bed early.
1. Wash All Your Laundry
Laundry can pile up quickly and become overwhelming. To stay on top of it, try washing one load per day during the week. This may not keep up with all the laundry, but it will significantly reduce the amount of laundry to do on Sunday.
On Sunday, set aside time to finish the remaining three to four loads. By doing this, you can start the week with zero dirty laundry and feel accomplished. To make the process even smoother, consider using color-coded laundry baskets or sorting clothes as you go. Remember, a little bit of effort every day goes a long way in keeping the laundry under control.
2. Deep Clean Main Areas
On Sunday, take the time to give the main areas of your home a little extra attention. Deep cleaning will take 1-2 hours but is worth it. Here’s what you should tackle:
- Clean all bathrooms, including wiping down counters, changing trash, wiping down the shower, and sweeping and mopping.
- Clean the kitchen by unloading the dishwasher, wiping down counters, and sweeping and mopping.
- Clean the living room and dining room by dusting, returning toys to the basement, sweeping, and mopping.
- Put away all laundry to complete the deep clean of your main areas.
3. Have Your Kids Clean Their Rooms
If you want your kids to clean their rooms, set a timer and tell them they have a specific amount of time to get it done. This creates a challenge and prevents whining about how long it will take.
The amount of time should be short, around 10-20 minutes, depending on the level of dirtiness. Encourage your kids to make it a game by seeing who can clean the most or finish first.
4. Make a Simple Meal Plan
Creating a simple meal plan can help you save time, reduce stress, and make healthier choices. Here are some tips to help you make a simple meal plan:
- Plan your meals for the week: Take some time to plan your meals for the week. Consider your schedule, your family’s preferences, and your budget. Make a list of meals for each day of the week and stick to it.
- Keep it simple: Choose meals that are easy to prepare and require minimal ingredients. Casseroles, one-pot meals, and slow cooker recipes are great options. You can also make extra portions and freeze them for later.
- Use leftovers: Don’t let leftovers go to waste. Use them to make new meals or incorporate them into your meal plan for the week.
- Prep ahead of time: Prep your meals ahead of time to save time during the week. Chop vegetables, cook rice, and marinate meat in advance. This will make meal preparation faster and more efficient.
- Get creative: Don’t be afraid to try new recipes and experiment with different ingredients. You can also modify recipes to suit your taste and dietary needs.
Here are some simple meal ideas to get you started:
|Easy Sheppard’s Pie (Using Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes!)
|Baked Salmon with Roasted Vegetables
|Spaghetti Squash Casserole
|Grilled Chicken with Quinoa Salad
|Chicken and Noodles (Shredded Chicken and Rotini Noodles)
By following these tips and making a simple meal plan, you can save time, reduce stress, and enjoy delicious and healthy meals throughout the week.
5. Grocery Shop (Curbside Pickup or Delivery)
When it’s time to restock your pantry, consider using Kroger Clicklist or Walmart for curbside pickup or delivery. By ordering online, you can avoid impulse purchases and stick to your menu plan. Plus, you can easily keep track of your spending as you shop.
6. Balance Your Checkbook/Pay Your Bills
Balancing your checkbook may seem old-fashioned, but it’s a useful habit to keep track of your finances. To ensure you don’t miss any payments, set aside time every Sunday to record your receipts and pay your bills. Here are some tips to help you stay on top of your finances:
- Use a checkbook register or a budgeting app to track your expenses and income.
- Keep all your bills in one place and mark their due dates on a calendar.
- Consider setting up automatic payments for bills that are the same amount each month.
If you do this regularly, it will only take 10 minutes per week to stay on top of it.
7. Take a Look at Your Calendar
Each Sunday, take a moment to review your calendar for the upcoming week. Whether it’s a digital or paper version, make sure all events are accounted for and note any upcoming obligations.
8. Do Something for Yourself
After a long day of work, it’s important to take some time for yourself. Here are some ideas to unwind and have fun:
- Take a relaxing bath with essential oils or bath bombs
- Curl up with a good book or watch a movie
- Treat yourself to a nice meal or indulge in your favorite snacks
- Have a glass of wine or a couple of White Claws (no judgment here!)
- Listen to your favorite music or podcast
- Take a walk or do some light exercise to clear your mind
Remember, self-care is important for your mental and physical health. Make time for yourself and do something that brings you joy.
9. Go to Bed Early
Getting enough sleep is crucial for your physical and mental health. Going to bed early on Sunday night can help you start the week off on the right foot. Here are some tips to help you get a good night’s rest:
- Set a bedtime for yourself and stick to it.
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine, such as taking a warm bath or reading a book.
- Avoid using electronic devices before bed, as the blue light can interfere with your sleep.
- Keep your bedroom cool, dark, and quiet.
- Invest in a comfortable mattress and pillows.
By prioritizing your sleep, you can wake up feeling refreshed and energized for the week ahead. So, make sure to add “go to bed early” to your Sunday routine for a successful week.